Well, yesterday I met with doctor fully prepared to put on a "woe is me" show to get him to agree to induce me. I've never had heartburn so bad in my life, even with prescription meds and Mylanta, and can only sleep about 2 hours at a time. So I was mentally exhausted and physically hurting and ready to beg, cry, and plead with the doc to get Nora out. However, as soon as he walked in the room and measured my stomach he asked me when I wanted to have my baby. I thought he was joking so I said that we could be at the hospital in a few hours. He said that was too early, but how about the following night (tonight)...it was then that I realized he was serious! So very quickly Ryan and I went over the dates and what was going on this week and all that good stuff and decided that Friday would be the best time to start the induction so she'd be born on Saturday!
So I will check in to the hospital Friday night at 9pm (why so late? I have no clue...) and they will give me medicine to help me dilate and start contractions. On Saturday they will give me more medicine (Pitocen - sp?) to increase the frequency and intensity of the contractions and I will also get an epidural. After that, it's just a waiting game. Hopefully she's turned the right way and her head isn't a giant beach ball.
Here's what my baby website compares a 39 week old fetus to:

Here's what my brother, Todd, compared it to:
No comments:
Post a Comment